You hate to admit it, but your smile makes you frown. You chipped a tooth when you were a kid, and some of your teeth are crooked – plus, with all the coffee you drank to get you through your Master’s degree program at UC Denver you have some serious stains. You deserve a great-looking smile, but you don’t want braces, and they wouldn’t address all your issues anyway. You wish there was one treatment that would fix everything, but there isn’t – is there? With porcelain veneers in Littleton from Blue Sage Dental, you can finally get the smile you’ve been dreaming of. Learn all about this natural-looking, long-lasting upgrade in this post.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Dr. Susan Kutis explains that veneers are thin, yet durable shells of porcelain that are permanently bonded to the front side of your existing teeth. They’re a great way to correct a many of dental issues without undergoing multiple treatments.
What Issues Do Porcelain Veneers Correct?
This upgrade addresses many different aspects of your smile, including the look and functionality of your teeth, including:
- Gaps & Alignment Issues – Straight teeth are healthy teeth. If you have gaps or only moderately misaligned teeth, veneers can give you the perfectly straight dentitions you want, without metal braces.
- Discolored Teeth – Since you pick the shade of porcelain and bonding agent, you can make your teeth as radiant as you like. These are especially great if you have a “dead” tooth, or staining from medications like tetracycline antibiotics.
- Chips – Veneers camouflage nicks in your teeth, restoring the perfect, symmetrical shape to each tooth.
- Short Teeth – It is common for some teeth to be shorter than others, and veneers are a great way to add length and ensure your teeth make proper contact when chewing.
- Misshapen Teeth – Teeth can vary naturally in their shape and appearance, and veneers are an excellent solution to correct the way Mother Nature formed your original dentitions.
Why Are Porcelain Veneers The Right Choice For Me?
Dr. Kutis point out that this treatment method is the optimal solution for patients who match the following descriptions:
- You have more than one dental issue. If you have more than one smile imperfection, and you want to avoid having more than one procedure, veneers are a great way to take care of everything at once.
- You want an upgrade that’s long-lasting. Research has shown that porcelain veneers last up to twenty years – with proper care, this upgrade can last decades.
- You want a stain resistant option. Since the porcelain intrinsically resists staining, you won’t deal with the same discoloration that can affect your natural teeth. You’ll be able to enjoy blueberries, coffee, and red wine with this cosmetic makeover.
- You want dramatic, but natural looking results. Wonder how celebs get their red-carpet ready smiles? Porcelain veneers provide such a great result, many stars, including Jim Carrey and Tom Cruise, have had this treatment.
So, what are you waiting for? Now that you know what veneers are and how they can benefit you, schedule your appointment today with Blue Sage Dental and get the smile you’ve been dreaming of!