If you have crooked or gapped teeth it can be difficult to feel confident about your smile. Many individuals consider orthodontic treatment to correct dental flaws but are intimidated by the thought of wearing traditional metal braces. While adults are less likely than kids to call someone “brace face” or “metal mouth”, conventional braces are still a source of social anxiety for many. Fortunately, modern cosmetic dentistry offers a way to straighten your smile without anyone besides you and your dentist knowing. Here are some of the top reasons why Invisalign in Ken Caryl is superior to traditional metal braces.
How Invisalign Straightens Smiles
Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic aligners to gradually move teeth into a straightened position. The custom-designed aligners apply just the right amount of pressure to gently correct crooked or misaligned teeth.
For the best results, Invisalign aligners should be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day and only be removed to eat, drink and brush your teeth. After 1 to 2 weeks, each set of aligners is exchanged for the next set in the series. After just 12 to 18 months of wearing Invisalign aligners, you can have the straight smile of your dreams!
The 4 Top Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign enjoys a number of advantages over traditional braces. Here are the 4 biggest ones:
- Invisibility – One of the primary reasons that patients choose Invisalign is because they do not want others to know they are wearing braces. Invisalign’s clear plastic aligners are virtually undetectable, meaning your friends, family and coworkers will only notice your beautiful smile!
- Greater Comfort – Metal braces can aggravate the sensitive tissues of your inner cheeks and gums, something you do not have to worry about with Invisalign’s smooth, plastic aligners.
- Maintain Your Normal Diet – Unlike conventional braces that are stuck to your teeth, you can remove Invisalign aligners whenever you want – this way you can keep eating all your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your braces.
- Greater Convenience – Invisalign requires fewer visits to a cosmetic dentist in Ken Caryl over the course of treatment, meaning you do not have to stress as much about taking time off work.
Am I A Good Candidate?
Most patients who would benefit from traditional metal braces also make good candidates for Invisalign treatment. While serious dental issues like extreme overbites or severely rotated teeth may require conventional braces, Invisalign can correct a wide range of common dental imperfections, such as:
- Crowded teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Moderately crooked teeth
- Mild overbites, underbites or crossbites
Any dentist in Ken Caryl will tell you there is no need to let social anxiety keep you from straightening your smile. Thanks to Invisalign clear braces you can achieve the smile of your dreams without unsightly metal brackets and wires!
About the Practice
Led by award-winning dentist Dr. Susan Kutis, Blue Sage Dental offers a wide array of dental services in a comfortable, conveniently-located practice for residents of Ken Caryl, Littleton and surrounding communities. From general and preventive care for families to advanced restorative and cosmetic dentistry, the expert team at Blue Sage Dental can meet all your dental needs. Patients new and old can learn more about the practice by visiting their website or calling the office at 303-973-1112.